Welcome to our Study and Reading Rooms
Before entering study and reading rooms (Hlavná 10), please, use self-service storage lockers (on the ground floor) to store luggage, coats, umbrellas and so on.
- Patrons Registration,
- Consultation & Reference Services,
- Circulation Desk,
- Reprographic Services & Self-service Scanning,
- Computer Terminals & Internet Access,
- Interlibrary Loan Services & Information Retrieval Services,
- Reading Corner with the daily press.
- available for group work. The area is free to use for library patrons and does not require reservations.
- The room is equipped with desks and chairs, a whiteboard, a screen, a stand for a projector, and a wifi connection. The library provides a projection device for a group of library users, should they request it one day in advance.
- open stacks with 7,500 textbooks, technical literature, encyclopedias
- weekend off-site loans from this collection.
- open stacks with domestic and foreign technical, scientific and educative periodicals,
- online access to electronic full-text information resources,
- access to the special collections: Slovak technical standards (STN-online) and patents in electronic version, journals published by Slovak Office of Standards, Metrology and Testing, consultations about corporate Czech and Slovak materials.
- materials for learning and teaching English language for off-site and on-site borrowing, English fiction for all ages, technical literature, American movies and documentaries on DVDs,
- possibility to use new technologies (micro: bits, ozobots, 3D printer, 3D pen), laptops are available,
- access to eResources through eLibraryUSA,
- events for schools and the public,
- advising on exchange programs to the USA and study in the USA.
- designed to host teams of 4-8 patrons,
TSR is open during the opening hours of the 2nd-floor study rooms. It can be booked for 3 hours; an extended booking must be arranged with the study room consultant. The reservation will be canceled if the users fail to arrive within 15 minutes of the reservation time.
Patrons can prepare their own drinks (tea, coffee) while working in the TSR. There are a kettle, cups, glasses, and sugar for them to use. It is necessary to return the kitchen to its original state after use. However, patrons are not permitted to eat inside the TSR.
Patrons should restore the TSR to its original state upon departure and report their departure to the study room consultant on the 2nd floor.
Damages resulting from improper handling or incorrect use will fall on the patron who booked the room.
- materials for learning and teaching German language for off-site and on-site borrowing, fiction in the German language for all ages, technical literature, journals, German films,
- Internet Access,
- events for schools and the public.
- rare and old books collection for on-site study,
- open stacks with documents focused on regional content,
- Internet access • access to electronic full-text resources (Arcanum Digitális Tudománytár database),
- self-service scanning,
- guided tour for students,
- consultations and reprographic services.