How to borrow library item (off-site loans)
1. Search for and order the required document in the library online catalogue.
3. If the requested library item has already been lent to another patron, you may reserve it. You will receive a notification about its availability.
4. You may borrow off-site a maximum 30 library items.
5. The basic loan period is 30 calendar days. If the library item is requested by three other patrons at the same time, the library may set automaticaly a shorter loan period of 14 calendar days.
6. If a lent library item is not reserved and your library card is valid, the basic loan period will repeatedly extend before it expires, but at most by five times.
7. Bound volumes of periodicals can be borrowed for 14 days. The loan period will be automaticaly repeatedly extended maximum twice if they are not requested by another patron and your library card is still valid.
8. Audiovisual and multimedia items and individual issues of unbound volumes of periodicals from the American Center Košice and the German Library – Goethe Institute collections can be borrowed for 7 days. The loan period will be automaticaly repeatedly extended maximum twice if the library item is not requested by another patron and your library card is still valid.